Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Monday, August 28, 2006

Digging on Dylan before "Modern Times"

Right now I'm listening to "Modern Times," the new Bob Dylan album, at my desk with the volume turned down as low as possible. The record comes out Tuesday, but AOL is streaming it right now. How does it sound? I don't know. I can barely hear the thing. The LA Times was kind in its review by Ann Powers, who called it sexy and funny. Dave Tianen of The Milwaukee Journal also liked it, saying it "merits an honorable place in the second tier of Dylan's resumé."

Me, I'm not expecting anything too dramatic with this record. It looks like it will have the same bluesy, old-time feel of "Time Out of Mind" and "Love and Theft," two records I really, really love.

I'm almost as pumped about seeing Dylan live again. He is doing an arena tour this fall with a bunch of young pups, including Kings of Leon and The Raconteurs. His Oct. 31 show at the Kohl Center in Madison will feature the Foo Fighters in acoustic mode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home