Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Monday, August 28, 2006

How about a good hurricane joke instead?

I didn't watch the Emmys last night, but apparently there was a memorable "Lost" parody starring host Conan O'Brien involving a hilarious plane crash. Unfortunately, there was an actual plane crash in Lexington, Kentucky, early Sunday morning that killed 49 people.

Yikes!

(Watch part of the skit here.)

I'm not one to be easily offended, but I'm a little shocked the pre-taped skit wasn't pulled as soon as the news broke. Networks normally are hyper-sensitive about controversies like this, so somebody obviously was asleep at the wheel. I think Hot Air blog makes an interesting point: If the plane crash had happened on the west coast, more care would have been paid. Plane crashes in fly-over country (no pun intended) are just funnier, I guess.

What do you guys think? Was the skit offensive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home