Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, April 14, 2006

Suck/lame results

First off, thanks for voting. I counted 27 "Idol" related posts and 20 votes. And it was a tightly contested election. So close, in fact, that it was dead even, 10 votes for Suck and 10 for Not Suck. There is possible controversy here, because I threw out KBL's "not-very-heartfelt suck" vote for being a hanging chad. KBL, do you mean your suck vote isn't very heartfelt, or that your not suck vote is not very heartfelt? Please be more clear next time.

A tie means my vote will determine Suck status. And my vote, of course, is not suck. I have written for too much about "American Idol" to explain why. If you must know, read this or this.

I know this result and the accompanying controversy might tear Under 30 readers into warring faction. But I beg for unity. Look for Suck/Lame next week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the electorate should be punished just because you don't like overly-long hyphenate descriptors. It isn't even a squinting modifier!

Not-very-heartfelt is obviously a (long, hyphenated) modifier of suck, so it = suck, I'm just not militant about it the way I am with Dashboard Confessional (suck the the nth degree of suck).

Are you in league with Katherine Harris now?

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm clearly not helping my cause by being too stupid to sign my name before hitting publish...

3:58 PM  
Blogger Thomas Rozwadowski said...

steve's love for "idol" just got him kicked out of our "freaks and geeks" club.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, my precious rock and roll teaches me that American Idol sucks. The cat doesn't have my bong.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home