Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, April 21, 2006

Suck/lame results: Country music


First off, thanks for voting. There were 21 country-related posts and 12 votes, not great but I won't cry in my beer about it.

Like many of the voters, I'm of two minds on country music. On one hand, I hate most of what is on country radio these days. Almsot every song seems geared toward the same upper middle class 34-year-old mother of two who is married to a man who buys her a new SUV every three years but doesn't say "I love you" enough. Nothing against music geared toward people like that, I just can't relate to it. On the other hand, some of the most beautiful, most heart-rending music I've ever heard is country or country-influenced, whether it is Ray Price's "Crazy Arms" or "Sin City" by the Flying Burrito Brothers. I guess I could have broken the question into old vs. new country, but that would be too easy. I wanted debate. Personally, I think country music clearly does not suck. Voters agreed by a vote of 8-4.

I feel like these elections might be losing some steam. Please give me some suggestions. I want knock down, drag out fights again where people get mad and make each other cry.

5 Comments:

Blogger klhp said...

I think we need to do what teenagers everywhere (because we are young at heart) do best: judge others. Let's get the people back.

How about... umm... Harry Potter? I can't think of anything. Obviously.

9:26 PM  
Blogger klhp said...

oh, Paul, I love that video. What was going on??

And who punches someone in the cheek?

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's do the president.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still hoping to see Topenga from "Boy Meets World" put to a vote. As a reminder, I say "suck."

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One major problem with the country music vote: The call for votes article said, "Music doesn't get more American than country." Ever hear of Jazz? Blues? Gospel? Even Hip-Hop!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home