Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Monday, April 24, 2006

A killer playlist for driving at dusk

One of my favorite things to do in the whole world is drive at dusk in spring and summer. I got to do it Friday when I drove to Minneapolis, and it was a fat slab of sunny gorgeousity. Before I left, I made a long iPod playlist to score my trip, and it ended up being the perfect soundtrack to the perfect trip. In fact, I'm certain that this list of 41 songs is the perfect accompaniment for the drive from Appleton to Minneapolis (or at least two and a half hours of it.)

I know securing this list for yourself is predicated on having a music collection very similar to my own. But if we ever end up hanging out, I promise to burn you a couple of discs.

1. Love, "A House Is Not a Hotel"
2. Superdrag, "Ambulance Driver"
3. Randy Newman, "Mama Told Me Not To Come"
4. Lucinda Williams, "Drunken Angel"
5. Blind Faith, "Can't Find My Way Home
6. Josh Rouse, "Love Vibration"
7. Wilderness, "The Blood is on the Wall"
8. Ride, "Drive Blind"
9. Counting Crows, "Another Horsedreamer's Blues"
10. Wilco, "Handshake Drugs"
11. Wilco, "Shouldn't Be Ashamed
12. Felt, "Something Sends Me to Sleep"
13. Harry Nilsson, "Everybody's Talkin'"
14. Cheap Trick, "Downed"
15. Fountains of Wayne, "The Senator's Daughter"
16. Clinic, "The Equaliser"
17. The Velvet Underground, "New Age"
18. Robert Pollard, "50-Year-Old Baby"
19. The Strokes, "Automatic Stop"
20. Queens of the Stone Age, "Auto Pilot"
21. Elliott Smith, "Independence Day"
22. The 22/20s, "The Things That Lovers Do"
23. Cat Power, "Willie"
24. The Slits, "FM"
25. Pavement, "Passat Dream"
26. Black Sabbath, "Tomorrow's Dream"
27. The Decemberists, "The Legionnaire's Lament"
28. Neil Diamond, "Two-Bit Manchild"
29. Ween, "You Were the Fool"
30. Chuck Berry, "I Want to be Your Driver"
31. Terry Reid, "Superlungs My Supergirl"
32. Flamin' Groovies, "Shake Some Action"
33. Ryan Adams, "Gonna Make You Love Me"
34. Soundgarden, "Black Hole Sun"
35. The Police, "Man in a Suitcase"
36. Led Zeppelin, "Friends"
37. The American Flag, "Candy"
38. The Figgs, "Waiting for the Sun to Rise"
39. Dinosaur Jr., "The Lung"
40. Versus, "Lose that Dress"
41. The Championship, "A Change"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see some figgs on the list. Shake Some Action? Your welcome. check please!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of us who like good music, I'm gonna put "Black Superman" by Above the Law on that list.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Jen and Steve leave Appleton at approximately the same, and Steve averages a speed of 67 mph while Jen averages a speed of 71 mph, how many people is Jen likely to wipe out in her quest for a hard-to-reach CD?

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home