Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Saturday, March 25, 2006

A MySpace experiment

I've been on MySpace for about six months now, and it's starting to get pretty boring. So I'm doing an experiment with my profile. I deleted my pictures and put up a pic of a pretty girl. (It's the picture here. When you do an image search on Google for "pretty girl," this comes up first or second.)

I changed my gender to female and my name to Stevie. Otherwise my profile is exactly the same. I'm curious about a few things: (1) Will dudes want to nail me if I'm a girl with the same personality I have now? (2) What kind of stupid messages will dudes send me in order to nail me? (3) How soon can I post those messages on my blog?

I will definitely keep you posted on this groundbreaking experiment that everyone is talking about.

12 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

You'll get this:

"Sup cutie wana chat somtime message me bye"

Or

"Ur hot"

Regardless, they're all highly intellectual men. Feel blessed.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

My personal favorite is "you look cool, just want to be friends? add me" from a guy who's 45 with a picture of himself taking a photo of himself in a bathroom mirror.

Friends? Seriously, who joins myspace to make friends? Not I.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perverts-r-us wants to know if it works too.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh, and dude, you call yourself a guy in the "About me" part.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

I noticed that, too. You might wanna change that.

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got "your a hottie-pattotie" once. Pattotie looked weird in print--it's one of those words I never really thought about how to spell. I guess I shouldn't necessarily trust this guy's spelling though, since he used the wrong "you're". Jesse will never let me live that one down. Why on earth would you write that?

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll want to take off your blog entries since it links back to this site.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful Steven. If you can be something you are not so can the person emailing you including the cop in San Francisco looking for child molesters.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Steve Kabelowsky said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Steve Kabelowsky said...

I think we should seek public grant funding for this experiment.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Steve Hyden said...

You ladies obviously are not men. My guess is most dudes will look at the picture and message me without reading the profile too closely.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stevie, you're hot, want to go out sometime?

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home