Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, March 24, 2006

Who wants to join my redneck yacht club?

While getting my oil changed today, I heard a very dumb contemporary country song called "Redneck Yacht Club" by Craig Morgan. It is so dumb, in fact, that I wanted to show you this.

Basically, I'm looking to start my own redneck yacht club. Who's with me? Maybe these lyrics will change your mind.

I'm meeting my buddies out on the lake
We're headin out to a special place we love
That just a few folks know

There's no signing up, no monthly dues
Take your Johnson, your Mercury or your Evinrude and fire it up
And meet us out at party cove

Come on in' the waters fine
Just idle on over and toss us a line

CHORUS
Basstrackers, Bayliners and a party barge
Strung together like a floating trailer park
nchored out and gettin loud all summer long
Side by side there's five houseboat front porches
Astroturf, lawn chairs and tiki torches
Regular joes rocking the boat that's us
The redneck yacht club

Bermuda's' flip-flops and a tank top tan
popped his first top at ten a.m.,
thats bob he's our president

We're checking out the girls on the upper deck
rubbin' in 15 spf, its hot
everybody's jumpin' in

Later on when the sun goes down
we'll pull out the jar and the old guitar
and pass'em around

CHORUS

BRIDGE

When the party's over and we're all alone
well be making waves in a no wake zone

CHORUS

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that song... I don't know if it's because of the tune or that it sounds kind of fun to go out to some lake and hang out on a boat all day. Of course, I think I'd rather have a ski boat than a house boat. Then's not go full hick here.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home