Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, September 08, 2006

Stay classy, San Diego!



From The Capital Times:

A former Madison alderman who is now an investigative reporter in San Diego was attacked by a woman and her husband, who punched and tackled him as a cameraman videotaped the incident.

Fox 6 News reporter John Mattes said he was treated for cracked ribs, bite wounds and cuts to his face after the confrontation Tuesday. He was investigating a suspected real-estate scam.

The couple, identified by authorities as Assad "Sam" Suleiman, 36, and his wife, Rosa Amelia Barraza, 33, were arrested. "He had his fingers in my eye socket, he was ripping my face apart, he was pulling my ears, he was biting," Mattes told NBC's "Today" show this morning. "It was horrifying and it felt pretty bad."

Mattes was a Madison political activist and downtown alderman in the mid-1970s when he was attending the University of Wisconsin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to say the guy deserved it, but it's kind of refreshing to see smartass TV reporters get put in their place. And, my, how he has milked this attack for national media attention. He gets no sympathy from me.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home