Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Is the Croc Hunter's death funny?

Shut up. I had to ask the question because there's a part of you wondering the same thing, right? I normally don't think the death of a father and husband is funny. But when I first heard news that Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray, I gotta say I found it just a teensy, weensy bit humorous. Actually, "humorous" is the wrong word. Or maybe it's not. I could say "ironic" or "inevitable," but I would really mean humorous.

Look, the guy acted like a moron around wild animals all the time. That was his claim to fame. And when a loudmouth Australian sneaks up on a wild creature, the wild creature is bound to get upset at least once. Then again, I guess stingrays aren't supposed to be that deadly. Which is strange because, you know, the name stingray sounds kind of badass.

Anyway, I thought for a minute about writing about the Croc Hunter thing before realizing my stones aren't big enough . This dude, however, doesn't have the same problem.

What do you guys think? Croc Hunter death a teensy, weensy bit funny or not?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think his death is funny (it is ironic though), but that link you have is funny!
-r

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not so much funny as a burden lifted off my shoulders

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not funny, nor ironic. Irwin mentioned before he'd likely die in such a manner.

He's an ambassador for conservation and education about the actual world we're living in.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It very possibly is funny. Not in the "Hey! Some dad and husband died, HA HA!" way, but in the "Hey! I am an invincible pop culture icon who makes a living out of pissing off dangerous animals!" way.

BTW. I am linking to this blog and commenting off of it.

Hope that's OK ...!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home