Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Monday, April 10, 2006

Yikes!

Did you freaking see this?

The Bush administration is planning to use nuclear weapons against Iran, to prevent it acquiring its own atomic warheads, claims an investigative writer with high-level Pentagon and intelligence contacts.

President George W Bush is said to be so alarmed by the threat of Iran's hard-line leader, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, that privately he refers to him as "the new Hitler", says Seymour Hersh, who broke the story of the Abu Ghraib Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal.

Some US military chiefs have unsuccessfully urged the White House to drop the nuclear option from its war plans, Hersh writes in The New Yorker magazine. The conviction that Mr Ahmedinejad would attack Israel or US forces in the Middle East, if Iran obtains atomic weapons, is what drives American planning for the destruction of Teheran's nuclear programme.


Yep, the military is trying to talk Bush OUT of using nukes, but the man can't be persuaded. I think I just crapped myself.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm of the opinion that the leader of Iran may be a bit extreme, but he's also intelligent. He knows starting a nuclear war would be suicidal for his country.

Bush, on the other hand, doesn't seem to grasp this. Somehow he reasons that we can have an excess of nukes AND use them, but other countries cannot have this right or any small semblance of it.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on! He's never undertaken any other horrifically ill-planned military actions. Have some faith.

Meanwhile his declaration that this was "wild speculation" caused me to be "wildly late" for a meeting. Apparently, the Secret Service and DC police blocking the motorcade route seemed to think his security was more important than me going from A to B in a straight line without having to detour several blocks out of my way.

Maybe word of my Yasser Arafat incident has finally leaked out...

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buck fush. don't forget to vote in the upcoming 06 elections.

thank you

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'll be voting...Republican

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buck Fush...hehehe I like that

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bush? Republican?
I always vote, but I've never saw those guys on American Idol. I'm going with Kelly Pickler.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home