Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Fetus watch

It was elimination night on "American Idol," and Under 30 nation watched with baited breath as the fate of the Fetus rested in the sweaty palms of the American public.

I know first-hand the kind of destruction and mayhem that can result from democracy, so while the Fetus gets nothing but love from these quarters, it could not be guaranteed that America would let him pass into the final 12.

I needn't have worried. Not only to the Fetus make the final list, he sailed through. Sadistic SOB that he is, Ryan Seacrest tends to keep two equally crappy singers for the end of the finalist roll call, so it's difficult to predict who will get in and who will have to sing an awkward, off-key farewell song. Well, the Fetus was given his pass well before that, which means the voters must have put him among the top vote-getters.

Now, don't get me wrong. I know the Fetus is terrible and deserves to be shown the door. My love of Fetus is based on two things: (1) He reminds me of my old friend, Mike; (2) The longer he sticks around, the better chance I have of this Fetus nickname catching on. Then it will be time to fire up the T-shirts and bumper stickers, and spend the rest of my life spending.

Of course, I'm not surprised that the Fetus benefited from this, but I'll take my bumper sticker set-up anywhere I can get it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe you went there.. m.s.

ok, i can believe it. - racko

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching Idol with my very special ladyfriend (involuntarily, obviously) and kept referring to him as the Fetus.

She was not a happy very special ladyfriend.

9:33 AM  
Blogger klhp said...

I've referred to The Fetus with my mom when talking about AI. Now she refers to The Fetus on her own.

Fetusmania!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

I also referred to him as the Fetus Boy the over the weekend in the presence of my parents, and they heartily enjoyed it. Then told me my 5-year-old cousin wants to marry him, and calls American Idol six times every night to vote in his favor.

Oh, Fetus Boy.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home