Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, February 24, 2006

Does he suck? results

First of all, I want to thank everybody for voting. There were 21 votes cast and nearly 50 Kanye-related posts. I was afraid of weak turnout but you guys came through. Without you and your votes, democracy doesn't work.

Now, the results. And let me just say, my heart is pounding like a madman after the crazy events of the past several minutes. This has truly been a shocking and ultimately historic election. Like I said, there were 21 votes cast: 10 for Not Suck/Not Lame and 11 for Suck/Lame. With MY vote for (drum roll) NOT SUCK/NOT LAME, that made the original count TIED.

I know. I pooped myself, too.

This unprecedented result threw Under 30 into a temporary constitutional crisis. There is nothing in the election bylaws about what to do in this rare instance. So I established a new precedent: I flipped the coin of justice. With Cheddar and E4life (a Not Suck and Suck voter) as witnesses, I determined the final result: KANYE WEST SUCKS/IS LAME.

Wow. Our first tie, our first constitutional crisis and our first time pulling the Suck trigger. And this might not be the last of Kanye. Cheddar has promised a full-blown investigation into the results of this election and the Bono election. We'll report, you'll decide.

I am spent. Anybody have a cigarette?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no cigarette.. but serious doubt in the democratic process, dashboard doesn't suck, kanye does.

i think we need a more diverse electoral college.

Really though i lost all faith in the process after the year 2000, and then again year 2004 elections.

*sigh*

so ... Steve.. I have a group up you may enjoy.. NOFX... sucky sucky or no sucky -mark

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://people.aol.com/people/galleries/0,19884,1159377_7,00.html

This picture sums it up, don't you think?

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way the voting is going, I'd like to nominate Mother Teresa for next week's "Does she suck?" At this rate, it's a crapshoot.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home