Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Does he suck?/ Is he lame? update

Well, you can't accuse me of fixing these things. Under 30 blog readers have proven once again they are one quirky lot with the latest Does he suck?/Is he lame? election concerning Robin Williams. Right now, shockingly, Not suck leads Suck by a margin of 7 to 5. And to think I almost didn't include Williams because I thought his suckiness was too obvious. Yikes!

Really, the vote shouldn't even be as close as it is. At least two pro-Williams people, apparently still wiping away tears for the man's stirring performance as a wacky robot in "Bicentennial Man," were so impassioned that they forgot to vote.

My favorite was an anonymous poster who listed Robin's many attributes, including the fact that he named his daughter after "The Legend of Zelda," before ending the message with: "what have you done.. you suck."

Sorry, but I am not the one on trial here. Robin Williams is. So this post counts as a hanging chad.

But don't worry. You still have time to clarify your vote or vote for the first time. Polls are open until NOON FRIDAY.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

zelda... ahh.

so i heard this band on berkeley radio covering all the nintendo game songs the other night. they really out did themselves with Castlevania.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Thomas Rozwadowski said...

Wow. I'm usually first in line to pounce on someone's suckiness. I had no idea R-Dub was so hated. I'm sticking with my guns and saying he's tremendously talented because of the movies of his I actually own. Granted, I've never seen "Death to Smoochy," but even in other crap, Williams has been watchable. I'm done defending Mork. I hope he starts humping Reese Witherspoon's leg at the Oscars while singing "Ring of Fire" at the top of his lungs just to piss off all you haters.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to punch you for calling him R-Dub.

with love and bass-playing clowns,
lori

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about this guy? if we're looking for a sure thing...

Four days after Katrina hit, Bush famously told the country on Good Morning America, "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.''1 But, today, we can all watch the leading hurricane scientist in the country personally informing President Bush, 24 hours before the storm hit, that a levee breach was a "very, very serious concern."2

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah -- bush or kevin federline, i say. or jesus? perhaps fetus boy or paul walker. maybe alex trebek's old moustache. or weight watchers commercials.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Thomas Rozwadowski said...

Haha. I had to do it. I'm weak.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... same

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keanu.. sucks
keanu.. bill n ted's not sucks

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home