Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Monday, February 27, 2006

A valentine to VH1

Slate has a good tribute to the network I love to hate to love.

This passage, in particular, stands out, because it reminds me that I am not special, but merely an easily categorized member of a demographic:

VH1's ideal viewer, like ESPN's, is a male in his late 20s nursing a pop hangover, and the comedians are his spiritual gurus. To further the "just us guys" aesthetic, VH1 gives its shows (which can cost a fortune to produce because of rights fees) a kind of low-fi authenticity that contrasts with MTV's slicker productions. "Part of the VH1 approach is having it look tossed off, when in fact it isn't," says Hirschorn.

Tossed off? You mean like this blog? Because really, in fact it IS.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stevie bo beevie

you always ignore my comments about chuck klosterman

why is this?

8:25 PM  
Blogger Steve Hyden said...

Sorry, here is my response.

I like Klosterman a lot. I like his first book, Fargo Rock City, the most, and all of his other books in descended order.

Read Fargo Rock City. It is one of my favorites.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home