Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Note to self: No James Earl Ray jokes on blog

The following note appeared on the media Web site Poynter. Thankfully, I stick to turds and virgins.

Matt Donegan, a copy editor and reporter for the weekly Dover (DE) Post, was fired after his editor, Don Flood, was alerted to his blog. Flood calls the 24-year-old's posts "extremely offensive and just contrary to what we believe here." (Donegan wrote after his black neighbors had a party on Martin Luther King Jr. Day eve: "I bet James Earl Ray was woken up by black people yelling pointlessly in the streets the night before he killed your civil rights leader.") Donegan says "what I wrote ... was rude, but it doesn't make it wrong."

3 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Rozwadowski said...

Er, no comment. Except, I love everyone, especially newspaper publishers and editors!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but will you pllllleeeease joke about james earl jones? that guy's funny, and my brother says he was the voice for darth vader. did you know that? isn't that cool? YOU are cool, steve. you rock!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird... the guy ended up on a central Wisconsin morning radio show.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home