Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Monday, January 30, 2006

The biggest honor of my career

A co-worker listening to Lawrence University's Great Midwest Trivia Contest e-mailed me last night:

At Trivia, after the teams have answered the question for points, they jam the phones with fake team names. So far I've heard team names "Steve Hyden Appreciation Society," "Steve Hyden took me for $8," and something else unprintable about what you would do for a quarter.

I'm totally stumped on this one. Does anybody know what unprintable thing I would do for a quarter? Please use printable language.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Kabelowsky said...

Something involving your soul and bouncing the quarter into a glass?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Thomas Rozwadowski said...

Are you sure this appreciation society isn't for Cleveland Browns tight end Steve Heiden? He had a pretty good game against the Packers.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the question is, what WOULDN'T you do for a quarter?

Har har.

Yuk yuk.

l.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So were these jam teams or the real thing?

Either way, that's an honor I could only dream of.

I still play the mp3's of them talking about our band when I'm feeling depressed.

I think one could buy a bootleg of the the lafftastic CD with 25 cents.

m

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can remember when you were glad to get a quarter as a reward for going poop in the big bowl.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home