Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

" I eat with my hands. Because my best friends are my dogs. And I like pit bulls. And N.W.A."

Now that everybody hates "A Million Little Pieces" author James Frey because Oprah told them to, it's only a matter of time before somebody digs this out. I remember reading the story when it came out and thinking the guy was a real, um, let's just say it rhymes with moose hag. But now that this proto Hemingway is persona non grata in the United States of Winfrey, his bravado is almost poignant. I'm reminded of that scene in "Boogie Nights" where Dirk Diggler stands in Jack Horner's kitchen after almost getting his head blown off in a horrifying drug deal, and he admits that he really screwed a good thing up. Jack knows he's absolutely right, and he shouldn't forgive him, but he does anyway, because the kid is just so damn pathetic.

Be warned: Frey really, really likes the f-word. So if you don't, don't click the link.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

paulhy cussed? Oh my!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home