Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, September 29, 2006

Goodbye Post-Crescent, hello swearing on Under 30 Blog

So I'm at home now putting off packing and other errands and not working at The Post-Crescent. I celebrated my one day of unemployment (I start at The Onion Monday) by eating at the Asian buffet next to Office Depot on West College.

What is it about Asian buffets that is simultaneously satisfying and degrading? The last time I ate at an Asian buffet was two years ago. I had just broken up with my fiance and was about to move in with my mother for what turned out to be a three-month stay. I thought stuffing my face with warmed-over General Tso would make me feel better. I was wrong. Like wearing sweatpants or growing a goatee, eating at an Asian buffet is inherently pathetic. If you don't believe me, look up from your plate for a sec and scan the other diners. The woman sitting behind me weighed about 250 pounds and wore a faded Miller Lite T-shirt. Her destined-to-be-250-pound baby stared on from a crooked-looking baby seat in silence, perhaps realizing for the first time what life has in store. But, hey, it's been three hours and no explosive diahrrea, so that counts for something.

Anyway, I just wanted to let y'all know (again) that I'm keeping the blog and the unfortunate blog name, though that may change soon. Also, I wanted to remind you folks that Holy shit! I can swear on this blog now! Not that I'm going to do it excessively or anything, but it's nice to know I no longer have to type "darn" when I mean "goddam motherfucker."

Feel free to swear in the comments if you wish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on jismhead! Good luck at The Onion.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home