Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, September 22, 2006

Did you watch "The Office" last night?

I did. I liked that they didn't dwell too much on the Jim/Pam thing, especially after the commercials really lathered on the gooey romantic bullcrap. Outing Oscar was a brilliant move, even if Michael continues to inch closer and closer to the line between realistic stupidity and unbelievable stupidity. Oscar already is one of the most fully realized gay characters ever to be on TV. He's one of the few characters I can think of whose gayness isn't used as (1) a cheap joke; (2) shorthand for being weird and interesting or (3) ticket to victimhood. He's as boring as the straight people on the show.

P.S. Does anybody else love that weird-looking redhead with the drinking problem? One of my favorite moments last night was when she put Angela's hand soap on her tongue. Very quick and subtle, but a funny joke, I thought.

What did you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Rozwadowski said...

Ed Helms' character is going to ROCK. He went to Cornell, you know.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i missed it. and you should have had me over to see it. now i'm sad.

now i'm over it.

next time i'll tune in

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home