Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Excerpt from a fan letter

I always felt that Steve's column and articles (I could usually tell which ones he penned) pushed the envelope too much for a family newspaper like the Post-Crescent.
Ironically, I often thought to myself, "Who does he think he's writing for, The Onion?"

PS Now will you get rid of that stupid last page of mindless tidbits. What a waste of newsprint. I hope Steve's replacement is a little more mature.


Me, too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame "It's Your Call" for my creeping hair loss. And for my complete lack of faith in humanity. And maybe for my curiosity of whether or not evolution truly exists.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lori Kurtzman said...

I dialed your extension today to see what would happen. I imagined it would just ring and ring, nobody's home, Elvis has left the building.

So imagine my surprise when "Julie" picked up on the first ring.

"Oops," I lied. "I think I've dialed the wrong number."

"Are you calling for Steve?" she asked. "His last day was yesterday."

I acted surprised. "Oh, OK. Thanks."

So I guess when Elvis leaves the building, someone else answers his phone. Whatever. Congrats on a great run at the P-C and an exciting future with the Onion.

And now I've reached my cheese limit for the day.

Lori

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul - where can Funnyman be downloaded?

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy who handles It's Your Call - a veryveryveryvery close friend of mine - says you don't know the half. For every call that makes it in the paper, he has to listen to 6-8 of them not worthy of it. It's the bane of his existence.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home