Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Monday, September 25, 2006

"You may remember me from such cartoons as 'Christmas Ape' and 'Christmas Ape Goes to Summer Camp.'"

Act now because there's no way this site is going to be up for very long. You can find any episode from all 18 seasons of "The Simpsons" and watch for free. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Matt Groening didn't sign off on that one.

I'm not as big of a "Simpsons" fan as I used to be (I like the older albums before they were popular), but the show obviously belongs on the short-list of all-time great TV comedies. Along with "Saturday Night Live" and "Late Night with David Letterman," "The Simpsons" pretty much defined comedy for me growing up, and played a big role in shaping my sense of humor. So, you know, thanks for that.

My favorite "Simpsons" episode ever is the one where Homer does the voice of Poochie the Dog, a crappy new character on "Itchy and Scratchy." (The ep is titled "The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show," and it's from season eight.) The subject line is one of my favorite lines from the episode and it belongs to Troy McClure, perhaps the greatest second tier "Simpsons" character. (And reason No. 132 why Phil Hartman's murder is one of the worst celebrity tragedies ever.)

What's your favorite "Simpsons" episode?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like The Simpsons, but I wouldn't call myself a devotee; I just don't do TV all that much. But my hands-down, all-time favorite line from the show is from Ralph Wiggum, who I think is the best second-tier character:

"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know any of the episodes. but your site link sucked. i figured it out though. context clues.

simpsons is for dorks

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home