Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Thursday, June 01, 2006

iPod journal for May 2006

A few years ago I started making mix CDs of songs I was listening to a lot during a particular month. It was an idea I stole from Cameron Crowe, who kept monthly mix tapes as a sort of musical journal. I like it because music is my best memory jogger, and I can listen to a disc I made in Sept. 2003 and remember exactly what I was doing that month.

Here is my iPod journal for May 2006

1. The Black Keys, "Have Mercy on Me"
2. Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins, "Rise Up With Fists!!"
3. Neil Young, "After the Garden"
4. Kings of Leon, "The Bucket"
5. The Secret Machines, "Alone, Jealous and Stoned"
6. The Wandering Sons, "In the Spring"
7. Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy"
8. The Raconteurs, "Steady, As She Goes" (Acoustic iTunes version)
9. The Beatles, "Mother Nature's Son"
10. Van Hunt, "suspicion (She Knows Me Too Well)"
11, Wolfmother, "Apple Tree"
12. John Lennon, "Jealous Guy"
13. Golden Smog, "Cure for This"
14. Fiona Apple, "Extraordinary Machine"
15. The Allman Brothers, "Midnight Rider"
16. Nirvana, "Lithium"
17. John Mellencamp, "Again Tonight"
18. John Vanderslice, "Up Above the Sea"
19. The Beach Boys, "Papa Oom-Mow-Mow"
20. Queens of the Stone Age, "You Would Know"
21. The Grateful Dead, "Row Jimmy"
22. Spoon, "No You're Not"
23. Brian Jonestown Massacre, "Swallowtail"
24. The Righteous Brothers, "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'"
25. The Charlatans UK, "The Blonde Waltz"
26. U2, "Heartland"
27. The Romantics, "When I Look In Your Eyes"
28. Ryan Adams, "This House is Not For Sale"
29. Bruce Springsteen, "O Mary Don't You Weep"
30. Sam Roberts, "With a Bullet"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home