Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Thursday, May 25, 2006

A low point in TV investigative journalism

You know how big city TV stations do really sleazy "investigative" pieces were they blow up a minor problem with tabloid tactics? If you don't, check out this piece that aired on a Cleveland TV station. (And, yeah, I stole it from Deadspin, now officially my biggest Internet crush.)

The story is about, of all things, how letting your kids go to the library is dangerous. You thought it was good to send your kids to the library? Well, you're just a sap. You should be afraid because a mustachioed man in an Ohio State sweatshirt might come along and, um, pleasure himself near your child.

Do you condone that sort of thing? Well, if you send your kid to the library, I guess you do.

You know, it's not normally my style to defend public masturbaters. But this piece totally makes me feel sorry for this guy. The reporter is a major a-hole.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, I'm stealing this (but I'll give you credit). I can't believe this is real...

Shouldn't they have to sign a release to appear on the news like that? Wow.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reporter reports the news not become the news.

That photo of Madonna is really hot.... Really did chicks on crucifixes ooooooohhhhhhhh...ooooooooowwwwwwooooohhhh... Oh shit - is there a hidden camera here?

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think it was funny or frightening. I felt much more bad for the guy than outrage as his action. It strikes me as the exception that proves the rule of the safety of the public library. Plus, I was proud that his pops was ready to kick ass.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Thomas Rozwadowski said...

make sure you read the deadspin update. there's a blog for the cleveland reporter and a whole host of hilarious comments condemning his actions.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home