Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, May 19, 2006

If you think you have a drinking problem, read this. It will make you feel better

Some guy in Utah apparently drank 24 cans of beer a day for eight years. And he never threw the cans away. So when a realtor finally barged his way in, well, it looked like the floor of the recording studio where Def Leppard made "Pyromania."

To all outward appearances, the person who lived in the townhouse was the perfect tenant. He always paid on time and he never complained. He kept a low profile in the neighborhood.

Kirk Martin, Letter Carrier: : "Yeah I never delivered any mail there at all. I thought the apartment was vacant."

The cans were recycled for 800 dollars, an estimated 70,000 cans: 24 beers a day for 8 years.

The man who lived there seems to be back on his feet. We spoke to him today and he says he's completely stopped drinking. He was welcomed back to his old job a few months ago, and his co-workers speak highly of him.


All's well that ends well, I guess. My question is this: 70,000 cans are only worth 800 bucks?! This recycling thing is a rip-off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home