Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Thursday, February 09, 2006

The 24-year-old virgin: An update

Regular blog readers will remember the 24-year-old virgin, a young man who hoped to end his state of purity with a good friend of mine. Well, I spoke with my friend last night and, sadly, the virgin has not been de-virginized. Apparently, her decision not to boldly go where no woman has gone before was made independent of his immaculate status. She just "was not that into him."

We at Under 30 blog would like to extend our sympathies to the 24-year-old virgin. Godspeed, sir. And good luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have a question and i felt like commenting someplace new.

Is Chuck Klosterman a good author? Because I have that book "Killing Yourself to Live". And I like that book. But I don't know if I should get his other books.

What do you think Steve?

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think Chuck Klosterman would be a great candidate for suck/not suck (I'm agnostic on the whole Napoleon Dynamite thing--I just don't care enough).

While I laugh and am generally entertained (loved the Coldplay riff in Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs), Klosterman embodies insufferable Billieburg hipster-style douchery. Massive ego cloaked in faux self-deprecation and a certain middlebrow, bourgeois mindset that shines through his "Gosh, golly, gee, I'm just a North Dakota boy living in the big city, and can you believe I used to live in flyover country with all those people? But I'm still down-to-earth, while being an arbiter of all that is cool!" pseudo-philosophical, quasi-ironic musings.

Maybe this constitutes heresy on your blog, Steve? In the interest of disclosure, I freely admit I'm the same kind of person as Klosterman, but I'm fairly self-loathing, so I'm consistent.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home