Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

iPod Journal for June 2006

A few years ago I started making mix CDs of songs I was listening to a lot during a particular month. It was an idea I stole from Cameron Crowe, who kept monthly mix tapes as a sort of musical journal. I like it because music is my best memory jogger, and I can listen to a disc I made in Sept. 2003 and remember exactly what I was doing that month.

Here is my iPod journal for June 2006

1. Herbert, "Something Isn't Right"
2. The Four Tops, "The Same Old Song"
3. Billy Ocean, "Caribbean Queen (No More Love On the Run)"
4. Guided by Voices, "Eureka Signs"
5. Soundtrack of Our Lives, "Broken Imaginary Time"
6. Cheap Trick, "If It Takes a Lifetime"
7. Col. Knowledge and the Lickity Splits, "I Just Want Somebody (To Get With)
8. Thom Yorke, "The Clock"
9. Herman's Hermits, "End of the World"
10. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, "Tears of a Clown"
11. Phoenix, "Rally"
12. Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint, "The Sharpest Thorn"
13. Wally Tax and the Outsiders, "Lying All the Time"
14. Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins, "Melt Your Heart"
15. Fall Out Boy, "Sugar We're Going Down Swinging"
16. Chamillionaire, "Ridin'"
17. The Band, "To Kingdom Come"
18. The Coup, "My Favorite Mutiny"
19. Isley Brothers, "This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak For You)"
20. Michael Jackson, "Off the Wall"
21. KT Tunstall, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree"
22. The Meters, "People Say"
23. The Staple Singers, "Freedom Highway"
24. Oh No! Oh My! "A Pirate's Anthem"
25. Howlin' Wolf, "My Country Sugar Mama"
26. The Decemberists, "Grace Cathedral Hill"
27. Tammy Wynette, "D-I-V-O-R-C-E"
28. The Constantines, "Soon Enough"
29. Silver Apples, "Lovefingers"
30. Pentagram, "20 Buck Spin"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Coup? Did I recommend them to you or did you find them on your own? I'm impressed.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home