Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Does July kick Cupid's butt?

Something strange is going on this month. I know four people who have broken up with significant others in the past week. I know this is probably a coincidence, but maybe not. One of the biggest break-ups of my life happened in July five years ago. Is this month a no-love zone?

Maybe there's something about the dog days of summer that makes people romantically restless. Or irritable. Then again, summer is supposed to get the blood flowing and speed up amorousness, so I don't know.

Anybody else out there experiencing romantic woe or seeing mass romantic woe around him/her?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you already know my story. two of my three biggest breakups happened in july.

but i don't think it should be that way.

although this summer brought the crushing downfall of my relationship, i spent LAST summer falling in love: outdoor festivals, playing in the water, running around, drinking, sweating, music. ah. fireworks. no better time to fall in love.

maybe next summer.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meh.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myself, along with many other women I know have an increased sex drive this time of year. But we are women. And I believe you are speaking of men...

2:54 PM  
Blogger Steve Hyden said...

I'm not speaking of just men, actually. I am friends with women, too, you know ...

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biggest breakup of my life happened in July a couple years ago.

However, should any of those recent breakups require male companionship to get through the process, and are not actually male themselves, perhaps Steve could assuage some pain ...

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The summer months dominate wedding dates.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's an epidemic!

LOS ANGELES -- Supermodel Christie Brinkley and her fourth husband, Peter Cooke, have separated, her publicist said Tuesday.

"Yes, it's true. The couple has separated," publicist Elliot Mintz said in a statement.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Actually, I've dumped two guys in July before, now that you mention it ... Hm ...

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home