Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shameless self-promotion

Wow! Blogger is actually working! Hooray! Here's my Under 30 column this week. It's on dopey summer fashions.

The column was basically an excuse to make fun of one of my great hates: jean shorts. The story I tell in the column about dating a girl who wanted me to wear jean shorts is absolutely true. She thought it would make my butt look cute. Don't worry, I'm as embarrassed typing that as you were reading it.

I just think jean shorts are the epitome of dorky white guyness. Especially with the tucked-in T-shirt. On women they work OK, because women always looks better than men.

I almost included a bit about sandals, which I love wearing in the summertime. A friend saw me wear sandals earlier this week and she said I looked sleazy. Sleazy? Was Jesus sleazy?

5 Comments:

Blogger klhp said...

As long as you don't wear those sandals with socks...

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at what point do we lose the right to make kirstie alley fat jokes?

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a problem with jean shorts. Matter fact, I like them. I'll wear them before any other kind of shorts, to be honest. Especially khakis.

Do they make corduroy shorts?

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Jean shorts are okay.
2. Torn jean shorts not okay, unless you're poor or in college.
3. Even if poor or in college, bad fashion statement (although good use and recycling of torn jeans).
4. Sandals on most men, sleazy.
5. Sandals on Italian or Arab men, sexy.
6. Sandals with wool socks, okay if you're a psychologist for the Outagamie County Juvenile Intake.
7. None of the above applies to women, who can make just about anything work.
8. Exception to #7: Capris. Less than 1% of women can make that shit work.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: "Jorts" is the correct term for "jean shorts."

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home