Under 30

I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Friday, November 17, 2006

iPod Journal for October 2006


A few years ago I started making mix CDs of songs I was listening to a lot during a particular month. It was an idea I stole from Cameron Crowe, who kept monthly mix tapes as a sort of musical journal. I like it because music is my best memory jogger, and I can listen to a disc I made in Sept. 2003 and remember exactly what I was doing that month.

Here is my iPod journal for October 2006:

1. Ray Price, "Night Life"
2. Sloan, "Pen Pals"
3. The Dears, "Hate Then Love"
4. Phish, "Fluffhead" (Live)
5. The Who, "Love Reign O'er Me"
6. Kings Of Leon, "Taper Jean Girl"
7. Ghostface Killah, "Jellyfish"
8. Justin Timberlake, "What Goes Around"
9. The Life And Times, "Ave Maria"
10. Hall And Oates, "Kiss On My List"
11. Midlake, "Roscoe"
12. Pete Yorn, "The Man"
13. Olivia Tremor Control, "No Growing (Exegesis)"
14. My Morning Jacket, "Run Thru" (Live)
15. Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Bad Moon Rising"
16. Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins, "You Are What You Love"
17. The Beatles, "If I Fell"
18. Kris Kristofferson, "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down"
19. Michael Runion, "Red Pony"
20. The Hollies, "My Back Pages"
21. Sean Lennon, "Would I Be The One"
22. Robert Pollard, "Serious Bird Woman (You Turn Me On)"
23. Caesars, "It's Not The Fall That Hurts"
24. The Rolling Stones, "Slave"
25. Slayer, "Angel of Death"
26. The Long Winters, "Clouds"
27. The Hold Steady, "First Day"
28. XTC, "Wrapped in Grey"
29. Phil Collins, "Take Me Home"
30. Cheap Trick, "Take Me To The Top" (Live)
31. The Allman Brothers Band, "Blue Sky"
32. Aretha Franklin with Ray Charles, "Spirit In The Dark (Reprise)" (Live)

3 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Rozwadowski said...

Dude, that Dears album is amazing. Definitely in my top ten. And have you checked out Joanna Newsom? I didn't like the first album, and I'm doubting I'll enjoy this new one. Maybe I just don't get her.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

help i have no post GBV pollard, what do i buy?

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does уour ѕite hаve a contaсt page?
I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd liκe
to senԁ you an e-mail. I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

Here is my page; abrir cuenta facebook

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home